Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Midsummer Classic Night's Dream (Excerpt)

...I come from the camp of well-rounded lovers of life; you know, the ones capable of appreciating the complexities of this crazy entity we call life. We are the ones who have fallen in love with the surprises of life, the predictability of spontaneity and the options viable to us on a daily basis. We have discovered visions of the future, pacts representing the past and we can currently control our present. It is with this in mind I present to you the optional ability to appreciate the arts while supporting sports. Ladies and germs, A Midsummer (Classic) Night's Dream:

Blending sports and intellect is sometimes a strange beast. When some closed minded folks think of sports, they think dumb jocks, drunk jaw jabbering fans, stereotypical, loud arguments and pointless competitions among Neanderthals. What up with that? The failure to recognize intricacies within sports-the vast variety of sports-the unification capability of sports-only limits their argument in that it actually makes the hater sound dumb, drunk, stereotypical and pointlessly loud. I get it though. I see why people hate on sports fans. Their closed minds won't allow them to see a person capable of liking more than one type of thing-that there are well-rounded individuals in existence who may like to attend a ballgame in the day and maybe a Shakespeare rendition later that night. Why should this matter to anyone? That will probably remain open for interpretation until the end of time, but if I can say that I led people to a portion of the endless debate's conclusion, then I'm good. Yea, I'm good.

So, why am I connecting William Shakespeare to the MLB All-Star Game?

I would really like to see people just be a bit more open minded. I want people to be entertained. I want them to be passionate about stuff, whatever your favorite stuff may be. Let's promote passion! Passion for your stuff!

I've heard that Heaven, if there is a Heaven, is a playground. I think I'd be OK with that...



No comments:

Post a Comment