Friday, December 3, 2010

Really?

You think you're just gonna up and get discovered. Newsflash: You're not.

You think life's a fucking game. It's not. Well, sometimes it is, and when it is, it's super fun.

But life's not a game. It's not a race. It has races, but not those kinds of races where you run. The kind where you ruin chances to create meaning.

You think that if you think hard enough about something, if you really concentrate on it, if you REALLY wish for it or pray for it or want it or yearn for it, that it will just come to you.

It won't.

You gotta do something for yourself. No one will ever do it for you.

You think ignorance is bliss.

I feel sorry for your ignorant fingerprints.

But I love you all nonetheless...

These are my fellow humans?

Really?

1 comment:

  1. I'm very intrigued by this. Poem-like, rant-like and kind of a pastiche of phrases. Makes me stop to re-read :) Thanks for stopping by my site!

    ReplyDelete